Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lipo Dissolve -- A Frightening Prospect

You know what I hate?

I hate how offices that supply a cosmetic service always act as if every procedure they offer is going to be a cake walk down snow bunny lane.

The reality is, they almost always will hurt.

Lip injections -- they hurt. Chemical peels and microdermabrasions--it can sting. Waxing any part of the anatomy--do we really need to go there?

I got the same kind of response when I called a local cosmetologists office to ask about a service that could potentially lipodissolve cellulite. According to the woman they had answering the phone, I would get a happy shot that would melt fat away from my hips legs and thighs like magic, which in turn, could reduce cellulite.

To hear her tell it, lipodissolve cellulite procedures were the second coming.

I knew better, so as soon as I got off the phone, I looked lipodissolve up on the Internet. I wasn't surprised to find that processes that lipodissolve cellulite are currently under FDA scrutiny.

This is because, while lipodissolve injections do liquefy fat, no one knows where the fat goes. It could potentially end up in the blood vessels, increasing risks of heart attacks and strokes.

I am trying to look good, not have a coronary!

At this point, it seems as if I may have to look into another method of cellulite reduction.